Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Latest Creation

I know this is far from perfection, but you know what, I'm pretty proud of this largish 28 x 21 in oil painting. From a photo I took up in the Wind River mountains. It is actually one of the only oil paintings I have. (long story, but one whole semester of my best oil work got thrown out because of a mis-communication at the HFAC. that was a VERY sad day for me). Anyway, you might recall a post a year ago where I documented starting this painting. (click here and scroll down for a couple 'work in progress' photos). Well, after a year of it just sitting in the kitchen, I made it a goal to finish it for our new home. Ta-da!

and someday, when we can afford to have it framed, it will grace the wall of my living room. But I really want the framing to be nice, so I'd rather save up for it then get something cheapo. Til then, I guess it can keep on curing in the garage. :)

please excuse the quality of this photo. There's definitely some glare, especially in the sky. taken from my phone. 

10 comments:

  1. Truly breathtaking Elisa! What a family treasure to have in your new home! I just received an oil painting my grandmother was working on before she passed away. It is so special to me, and I love the love and sweat she put into her paintings. I know that your artwork will be viewed the same by your daughters and extended family! Love you and miss you! You truly amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! I love seeing you using your painting skills! Bummer about those paintings thrown out from the HFAC.

    If I was still at the frame shop, I coulda worked you a deal on an awesome frame. Ah well. I'm sure you'll find something beautifully complementary for your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids keep saying how real it looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great, Elisa! Beautiful! You are so talented. Heather is so right, your kids will cherish all of your work. I know I sure love the one from you!

    Have you checked craigslist for a frame, or garage sales? Sometimes all you need is a little paint, and they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have such a wonderful talent! Anything I draw looks like an 8 year old might have done it. Hopefully, your girls will love toaint too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! What a great talent to have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so stinkin' talented! Love the painting. And how depressing about the HFAC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW I am sooooooo impressed Elisa!!! You never cease to amaze me and are truly a women with many MANY MANY talents.

    ReplyDelete