Sunday, February 5, 2012

#10 Honest Compliments

What I mean by honest is, I don't want obligatory compliments. But when someone acknowledges something good just because they SAW it and thought it worth mentioning, well. That makes me feel like a million bucks.

I had several people comment on my weightloss
(which is a blessed boon for those days when I am tired of the work and want to take the easy route)
and others comment on my cupcakes
(the only reason that is significant is because I literally told Eric the night before that they were ugly, I felt so bad, and I was embarrassed to bring them to the baby shower... I'll admit it seems so silly now)
thank you for your sincere compliments, because you know,
they really just make me feel like I could do anything.

And who doesn't love THAT feeling?

3 comments:

  1. And I enjoy giving them. Today, I gave one, and I felt so sincere about it and I could tell it was truly appreciated. I knew how she was feeling because I feel that way TOO! It was great. Made me happy to know I could let someone else have a SINCERE compliment. :) I'm sure your cupcakes were great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud (and envious) of your weight loss! I miss my wonderful motivating gym partner :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at this - there were times when your sweet compliments absolutely blew me away. I just felt like they were so sincere and heartfelt. I grew up surrounded by girls that almost played mind-games with compliments, and I quickly learned to disregard them. You changed that for me with just a few words of genuine thoughts. And I thank you for that. I hope you know that the sweet thoughts and memories of you that exist in my mind and simply true. I hope I've expressed them to you. If you can't remember any of them, please let me know. I could write an entire list for you!

    ReplyDelete