Friday, July 22, 2011

5 years


I am jumping the gun since our anniversary isn't actually until the end of August, but a friend is sponsoring a group writing project (with prizes involved!) that just happens to revolve around "the next 5 years"... which really got me thinking about our upcoming anniversary.

5 years ago, Eric and I were still in Utah.
Now we're in Ohio.
5 years from now, we'll be where ever residency takes us.

5 years ago, we rented a duplex in Springville from Grandpa.
Now we rent an apartment in Columbus.
5 years from now, will we be renters or own a place of our own with a fenced in backyard? (pretty please...)

5 years ago, Eric and I were still undergraduates at BYU.
Now Eric is a 4th year med at OSU and i'm in a master's program at CSU.
5 years from now, he'll be an MD almost finished with residency and I'll be a master of humanities.

5 years ago, we were poor newlyweds.
Now we're even poorer, very much in debt not-so-newly weds.
5 years from now we'll have an income!

5 years ago, I was skinny and so was Eric.
Now, I'm not so skinny...and I think Eric might be skinnier.
5 years from now... hopefully I'm skinny again!... and Eric will most likely still be skinny! :)

5 years ago, we were a family of 2.
Now we are a family of 4.
5 years from now, will we be a family of 6?

5 years ago, we had children aged 0.
Now we have an almost 3 and a 3 1/2 month old.
5 years from now, Gwen will be turning 8, preparing for baptism. Both Gwen and Caroline will be in Elementary school. Weird.

5 years ago, I taught at the MTC and Eric taught Physics students how to be better writers.
Now we both teach ABC's, numbers, colors, animals, manners, potty training, obedience...
5 years from now, we will still be teaching all the above, plus a few more things.

5 years ago, we made sacred covenants at the alter of the temple.
Now we are striving to honor those covenants.
5 years from now, we will STILL be striving.

5 years ago, we were happily in love.
Now we're happily in love.
5 years from now... we will be even MORE happily in love!

I love my family SOOOO much! I can't believe how much life has changed in the past 5 years and I can't even really imagine what lies in store for us. Bring on the next 5 years!

7 comments:

  1. How fun! It's neat to do a quick snapshot of our lives every once in a while and see the big picture. Amazing to see how things change, and how there is always a reason for the change, looking forward to the future and it's endless possibilities. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Elisa:) I love it! Congrats on the 5 years, it's crazy to think were we will all be in another 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to look at the 5 years theme. It truly amazes me how much life changes (or in some things doesn't) in 5 years. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post! Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has it been five years already? Wow. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete