Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vacation Part I: Allan Family

In no particular order: our visit with Eric's family in Idaho involved all the festivities of a missionary coming home and the delicious food and extended family that go along with such occasions...and a glorious touch of the rustic outdoors with a trip to the cabin. Feeling manly after chopping TONS of wood... and may I sort of brag that I chopped one too? It only took me like 11 tries to get the wedge to do more than dent the surface, but not that I was counting. Having tried it myself, I was even more impressed with how well all these guys did!
Eric lovin on Gwen. He's a wonderful Daddy.
Mama Allan focused this purposefully to capture the look of contentment and pride on Eric's face as he looks at Gwen. He didn't know this was actually a photo of him and how he feels about fatherhood. :)
This reminds me of a photo I've seen of Eric with his brothers wearing wrestling masks of the white "pull-ups" variety...now they're all grown up and wearing luchador masks!
Elise successfully got the hummingbirds to land on her finger... she was very diligent and patient.

Elise holding Frederick, who was quite the cutie. I don't have any pictures of Jan or Edward, but they were there too. Usually Edward and Gwen were on the deck. Gwen chasing Edward, Edward chasing the dog... sometimes resulting in cousin love and cousin drama in rapid succession. :) Gwen couldn't get enough of "Ewah" or "Ala" (the dog's name is Ollie).
Gwen enjoying a quiet moment in a box.
And, what would a trip out the cabin be without the obligatory opportunity for Gwen to play in the dirt? She called it 'sand' and was excited to get in it at every opportunity.
Kind of a scary photo of her, but take a look at her crazy blond hair! Gwen loved chasing after Eric's youngest cousins, who were eager to play 'big sis' to their lil cousin-once-removed (is that what she would be?)Uncle Collin hoggin the kids... and they all match. Aw, that's sweet.
As usual, Gwen takes every opportunity to make a break for it... where exactly does she think she's gonna go?
Gwen and Edward playing in the rocks

family photo: Evan holding Frederick, Jan holding Edward, Mama, Papa, Elise, Bryce, Collin, Me holding Gwen, Eric, and Marc (Affectionately called "Monkey" by Gwen. She even signs it...he is pretty obliging, readily answering when she calls out his 'name')

Wonderful visit! See you guys at Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

  1. So, your hair looks fabulous! I'm not sure if that's a new cut or not but it looks great on you.

    I love the picture of Gwen in the box. She is getting so big. The wild blond hair is crazy cute.

    I love time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. Kris says that Eric looks much better than he does in the luchador mask...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pictures, so much fun, so much fun...I'm so behind!! I was wondering what happened to you, and now I know! Awesome, awesome! Hope you're doing well! :-)

    ReplyDelete